Crispy Sesame Ginger Tofu Stir-fry: a Fusion With Flavor
Who said vegan can't be delicious? Just tried this Crispy Sesame Ginger Tofu Stir-Fry and it's a total game-changer.
- 14 oz extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Press the tofu to remove excess water. Then cut it into cubes.
- Toss tofu cubes with cornstarch in a bowl.
- Heat the sesame oil In a pan over medium heat. Then Add tofu cubes and fry until golden and crispy on all sides. Then Remove it and set it aside.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper, and carrot In the same pan. Fry until vegetables are easy to chew.
- Soy sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes should all be combined in a bowl. Combine thoroughly after mixing.
- After that, add the tofu that has been fried in the sauce and stir everything together along with the veggies in the pan.
- Continue cooking for a few minutes more so that sauce must be absorbed.
Serving Suggestions for Sesame Ginger Tofu
- Pair with Steamed Jasmine Rice: A simple bed of fluffy jasmine rice makes an excellent partner to this flavorful stir-fry, absorbing the tangy sesame-ginger sauce beautifully.
- Serve alongside Asian Noodles: Try serving this stir-fry with a side of soba noodles or rice noodles, tossed in a light sesame oil dressing for added depth of flavor.
- With a Side Salad: A fresh Asian-inspired salad, like a cucumber salad or a cabbage slaw, could provide a refreshing counterpoint to the rich, savory flavors of the stir-fry.
- Serve over Quinoa: For a protein-packed and nutritious alternative to rice, consider serving this tofu stir-fry over cooked quinoa.