Indulge in the ultimate comfort dessert with our delectable bread and butter pudding recipe. This classic treat features layers of buttery bread soaked in a luscious custard, baked to perfection, and served warm.
Heavenly Bread and Butter Pudding with a Twist
- 8 slices of brioche bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Set the oven's temperature to 350°F (175°C). Butter or cooking spray should be used to grease a baking pan.
- Each brioche slice should have butter on one side. Create triangles out of each slice.
- Arrange half of the bread triangles in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, buttered side up. Sprinkle half of the raisins evenly over the bread.
- Eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, and salt should all be thoroughly blended in a medium basin.
- The bread and raisins in the baking dish should be covered with half of the egg mixture. To guarantee that the bread gets wet, gently press down.
- Layer the remaining bread triangles on top, buttered side up, and sprinkle the remaining raisins over the bread.
- Make sure the bread is completely submerged by evenly spreading the remaining egg mixture over it.
- A larger roasting pan should be used, and it should be filled with boiling water so that it comes halfway up the edges of the baking dish. The custard will bake more evenly thanks to this water bath.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes after gently shifting the roasting pan to the oven.
Serving Suggestions for Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe:
Delight in a warm, comforting bread and butter pudding to soothe your senses. Pair this timeless dessert with a dollop of whipped cream for a religious experience. Alternatively, indulge in a scoop of velvety vanilla ice cream to enhance the lusciousness.
Embark on a journey of tantalizing flavors by serving our bread and butter pudding with a refreshing citrus fruit compote. The tangy notes of the compote beautifully complement the richness of the pudding. Drizzle a generous amount of zesty lemon sauce over the top for an extra zing.
Immerse yourself in the epitome of decadence by generously pouring warm, velvety caramel sauce over our exquisite bread and butter pudding. Allow the sauce to delicately envelops each slice, creating a symphony of sweet, caramelized bliss that will leave you longing for more.
Enhance the pudding’s richness by serving it alongside a medley of vibrant, fresh berries. Experience the delightful marriage of creamy sweetness with the bright burst of flavor from strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. Each mouthful will transport you to a realm of fruity paradise.