Lemon Grass Tea has a unique lemon like flavor and aroma. It is commonly used for its pleasing taste as well as its possible health benefits.
How to Make Lemon Grass Tea? | Lemon Grass Tea Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh lemon grass stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- First, bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Then, add the chopped lemon grass stalks and grated ginger to the boiling water.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to infuse.
- Remove from heat and strain the tea into a cup.
- Stir in the honey and fresh lemon juice, adjusting to taste.
- Serve warm or chill in the refrigerator for a refreshing iced version.
What is Lemon Grass Tea Good for?
Lemongrass tea is a popular herbal tea made from the stalks and leaves of the lemongrass plant (Cymbopogon citratus).
The calming aroma and soothing properties of lemongrass tea may help reduce stress and anxiety.
Lemongrass contains antioxidants that may help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body.
Some compounds in lemongrass are believed to have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help with conditions like arthritis.
Supports Immune System
The vitamin C content in lemongrass might contribute to immune system support.
May Aid in Weight Loss
Some studies suggest that lemongrass tea could help with weight loss by boosting metabolism and helping the body burn fat more effectively. It’s often recommended as part of a healthy diet for this purpose.
Skin and Hair Health
Topical application of lemongrass or including it in your diet may have potential benefits for skin and hair health, such as reducing oily skin and strengthening hair follicles.