Bruschetta With Mozzarella dish is the simplicity and vibrancy of Italian cuisine. The texture and flavor of this dish are always well balanced.
Bruschetta With Mozzarella | Tomato Mozzarella Bruschetta
- 1 baguette
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Slice the baguette into 1-inch pieces and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the slices with a bit of olive oil and place them under the broiler until they are golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine diced tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic, basil, and the rest of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto the toasted baguette slices.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze if desired and serve immediately.
Here are some serving ideas
The most traditional way to serve Bruschetta with Mozzarella is as an antipasto, or starter, in an Italian meal.
Bruschetta is a wonderful companion to soup. Serve it alongside a bowl of your favorite soup, such as minestrone, tomato bisque, or Italian wedding soup. The crispy bread can add texture to the soup, and the fresh, cheesy topping can provide a refreshing contrast.
You can serve Bruschetta alongside a hearty salad. The bread and cheese make it substantial enough to stand up to robust greens and dressings.
Part of a Bruschetta Bar:
If you’re hosting a party or gathering, consider setting up a Bruschetta bar. Serve your Tomato Mozzarella Bruschetta alongside other bruschetta varieties – such as mushroom and thyme, smoked salmon and cream cheese, or roasted bell pepper and goat cheese.
Consider using your Bruschetta with Mozzarella as a base for a quick pizza. Add additional toppings like cooked sausage, peppers, or olives, then return it to the oven until the new toppings are heated through.