The delicate flavors of Split Pea Soup Instant Pot blend seamlessly with aromatic herbs and vegetables to create a rich and hearty soup.
Split Pea Soup Instant Pot | Vegetarian Split Pea Soup
- 1 cup dried split peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté function and heat the olive oil.
- Then, add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and sautéfor 3-4 minutes, until the onions turn brown.
- Now, add the split peas, vegetable broth, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Finally, open the lid and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth (if you desire).
- Adjust seasoning as needed and serve hot.
Serving Suggestions for Split Pea Soup Instant Pot
This Vegetarian Instant Pot Split Pea Soup is deliciously versatile and pairs well with various accompaniments. For an enriched dining experience, consider the following serving suggestions:
A slice of crusty bread, toasted and buttered, makes the perfect dipper for this creamy soup.
Fresh herbs like parsley or a dollop of sour cream can add a beautiful touch and extra flavor to each bowl.
Serve alongside a fresh green salad with a tangy vinaigrette to balance the rich, creaminess of the soup.
For a crunchy contrast, offer cheese crisps or croutons as an optional topping.
If serving to vegan guests, ensure the use of vegan-friendly broth and provide olive oil for drizzling or vegan cream for garnishing.
Steamed or roasted vegetables like broccoli or asparagus can add a delightful texture and nutritional boost to the meal.