The Hamburger isn’t just a sandwich; it’s an experience – a bite into a juicy, flavorful patty layered with fresh vegetables, oozing with melting cheese, and nestled between soft, lightly toasted buns. It’s comfort food at its best, bringing back fond memories of summer BBQ parties, family gatherings, or that favorite diner you used to frequent.
The Ultimate American-Style Beef Burger | The Hamburger
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 slices of pickles
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- Ketchup, mustard, and mayo to serve
- Preheat your grill over medium heat.
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, ground beef, minced garlic, and onion.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Cook the patties for 4–5 minutes on each side or as you wish.
- Toast the hamburgers on a toaster or a grill, according to your availability.
- Prepare the burgers by placing a lettuce leaf, a tomato slice, and a pickle slice on each bun bottom.
- Place the cooked patties on top and then a slice of cheddar cheese.
- If you want, you can have ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise on top.
- Cover with the bun top and serve.
Health Benifits of The Hamburger
When made with high-quality ingredients and balanced with various nutritious sides, the Classic Burger can be part of a healthy diet.
High in Protein:
The ground beef used to make the patty provides an abundant source of protein.
Rich in Vitamins and Minerals:
Beef is also rich in vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B12. It also contains zinc, which assists the immune system, wound healing, and cell division.
The iron in beef is heme iron, which is easily absorbed by the body. Iron is essential for the production of hemoglobin.
Fiber and Nutrients from Vegetables:
The burger’s lettuce, tomato, and pickle provide fiber, various vitamins, and antioxidants essential for overall health.