Caramelized Rice Pudding, also known as Kheer, is a delectable dessert that combines perfectly cooked rice with a luscious caramelized texture, offering a heavenly treat for your taste buds. Try our Creamy Rice Pudding Caramelized | Kheer today and experience a truly delightful dessert that will leave you craving more.
Creamy Rice Pudding Topped with Caramelized Apples
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Arborio rice, milk, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla bean seeds should all be combined in a medium saucepan. Stirring constantly, simmer the mixture over medium heat.
- Cook the rice, stirring regularly, for 30-35 minutes, or until it reaches a creamy consistency, on low heat with the lid off.
- Melt the butter in a different skillet over medium heat as the rice cooks. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and apple slices. For about 10 minutes, cook the apples, stirring regularly, until they are soft and caramelized.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the rice pudding and turn off the heat. Before serving, let it cool a little.
- Rice pudding should be spooned into individual dishes before being topped with caramelized apples to serve. For more flavour, you can top the dish with more cinnamon.
Serving Suggestions for Creamy Rice Pudding Caramelized
Enhance the flavor and add a refreshing element by serving the kheer with a side of fresh fruits. Sliced mangoes, diced apples, pomegranate seeds, or chopped bananas are great options. You can either mix the fruits directly into the kheer or serve them on the side.
Rose Water or Cardamom
Infuse the kheer with a subtle floral or aromatic flavor by adding a few drops of rose water or a pinch of ground cardamom. These flavors complement the creamy and sweet nature of the kheer and add an extra layer of sophistication.
As the kheer is already caramelized, you can take it a step further by drizzling some caramel sauce on top. This will add an extra touch of sweetness and visual appeal.
Rice Crisps: For a textural contrast, consider serving the kheer with some crispy rice flakes or rice crisps. These can be sprinkled on top or served on the side, allowing people to add them as desired.
Apart from using saffron strands as a garnish, you can also infuse the kheer with saffron flavor. Soak a few strands of saffron in milk (warm) and add it to the kheer while cooking. This will give it a yellow color and a delicate saffron aroma.
Remember, these serving suggestions are just ideas to enhance the kheer. Feel free to get creative and customize them according to your preferences and taste. Enjoy your creamy rice pudding caramelized!