Indulge in our Healthy Pumpkin Dessert, a delectable blend of creamy pumpkin filling with a hint of spice, perfect for satisfying cravings.
Healthy Pumpkin Dessert | Keto Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 keto-friendly pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup granulated erythritol or other keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll out the keto pie crust and place it in a pie pan, pressing it gently against the edges.
- Then take a large bowl and combine pumpkin puree, erythritol, vanilla, salt, and spices. Mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Gradually mix in the unsweetened almond milk until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the pie is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Serving Suggestions That Would Complement the Healthy Pumpkin Dessert
Whipped Coconut Cream: Since regular whipped cream might not be keto-friendly due to added sugars, you can make a whipped cream using chilled full-fat coconut milk. Just whip it with a bit of vanilla and a keto-friendly sweetener until fluffy.
Nuts and Seeds: Add a crunchy element by sprinkling some roasted pecans, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds over the pie or on the side.
Cinnamon Dust: Lightly dust the top of the pie or the serving plate with ground cinnamon for added aroma and a decorative touch.
Keto Ice Cream: Serve a scoop of keto-friendly vanilla ice cream on the side. The cold ice cream paired with the spicy warmth of the pumpkin pie creates a delightful contrast.
Mint Leaves: For a pop of color and a refreshing taste, garnish each slice with a fresh mint leaf.
Drizzled Chocolate: Melt some keto-friendly dark chocolate and drizzle it over the pie.
Pumpkin Seed Brittle: Make a brittle using pumpkin seeds and a keto sweetener like erythritol. This will add both a sweet and crunchy texture to your pie.
Keto Coffee: Brew a strong cup of coffee, and add heavy cream or unsweetened almond milk to it.
Remember to always check the ingredients and carb counts when adding accompaniments to ensure that they align with keto dietary guidelines.