Homemade Applesauce is the epitome of comfort food. This recipe uses delicious golden apples for a perfect balance of tart and sweet.
Homemade Applesauce Recipe | How to Make Best Applesauce
- 8 medium apples (mix of Granny Smith and Golden Delicious)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Peel, core, and chop the apples into small chunks.
- To prepare the apple mixture, take a large pot and combine fresh, juicy apples with a measured amount of water, granulated sugar, fragrant cinnamon, and tangy lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients well together until they are evenly distributed.
- To prepare the mixture, heat it over medium heat until it simmers, then lower the heat and cover the pot.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples have softened.
- Mash the apples with a potato masher or blend with an immersion blender to your desired consistency.
- Let the applesauce cool before transferring it to jars for storage.
- The applesauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
There’s something incredibly comforting about a bowl of homemade applesauce. Perhaps it’s the nostalgic memories of granny’s kitchen, or maybe it’s the simple pleasure of turning fresh, crisp apples into a sweet and versatile treat.