Made with love, these Homemade Lasagna Noodles are the perfect comfort food for any day. It is so cheesy and flavorful, can’t wait to dig in.
Homemade Lasagna Noodles - Recipe for Homemade Lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Then place a large sized pan over medium flame and cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until the meat is browned and the onion is tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes.
- Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After that, in a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, basil, and salt and pepper.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, layer 1/3 of the meat sauce, 3 lasagna noodles, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat the layers, ending with the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
Serving Suggestions for Homemade Lasagna Noodles
Here are some serving suggestions for Homemade Lasagna Noodles:
Layered Lasagna: Alternate layers of homemade lasagna noodles with marinara sauce, ground beef or sausage, ricotta cheese, and grated mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake until bubbling and golden brown.
Vegetarian Lasagna: Substitute meat with layers of spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, or roasted bell peppers for a vegetarian twist. You can use a béchamel sauce or an Alfredo sauce for a different flavor profile.
Roll-ups and Stacks
Lasagna Roll-Ups: Spread a mixture of ricotta, Parmesan, and spinach over the noodles, roll them up, and bake them with marinara and mozzarella on top.
Lasagna Stacks: Build individual stacks of lasagna noodles, alternating with fillings like pesto, goat cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes. This is an elegant option for dinner parties.
Serving and Garnish Ideas
Herbs: Garnish with fresh basil, parsley, or oregano to add a touch of color and freshness.
Salad: Serve lasagna with a crisp green salad dressed in a light vinaigrette to balance the richness of the dish.
Bread: A side of garlic bread or a crusty Italian loaf makes a classic pairing.
Fusion and Alternative Styles
Seafood Lasagna: Try a luxurious seafood version with shrimp, scallops, and a creamy white sauce.
Mediterranean Twist: Use ingredients like feta cheese, olives, and roasted eggplant to give your lasagna a Mediterranean flair.
Breakfast Lasagna: Layer the noodles with scrambled eggs, sausage, and cheese for a breakfast or brunch twist on the classic.