Brighten up your dinner with this Pan Fried Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic. It’s bursting with flavour and ready in just minutes.
Pan Fried Asparagus | Recipe for Asparagus on the Stove
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Rinse the asparagus and snap off the tough ends.
- Take a large cooking pan and add the olive oil to heat on medium flame.
- Now add some garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Then add the asparagus, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the asparagus is crisp and tender.
- Now add lemon juice and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with grated Parmesan cheese before serving if desired.
Serving Suggestions for Pan Fried Asparagus
As a Side Dish
Pan-fried asparagus can be served as a side to a variety of main dishes such as roasted chicken, grilled steak, or broiled fish.
After frying, you can cut the asparagus into bite-sized pieces and mix them into a pasta dish.
Add the asparagus to a salad for some added crunch and flavor.
As a Pizza Topping
If you’re making a homemade pizza, consider adding some pan-fried asparagus on top. Pair it with other veggies or some crispy bacon for a unique and tasty pizza.
On a Sandwich
Thinly sliced pan-fried asparagus can be a great addition to a sandwich. Try it on a baguette with some soft cheese, like brie or goat cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
In a Stir Fry
You can use the asparagus in a stir fry with other vegetables and your protein of choice. It would go great in a simple soy-based sauce.
Pan-fried asparagus is delicious with eggs. It can be served alongside scrambled eggs, added to an omelet, or even placed on top of a fried egg on toast. Brighten up your dinner with this Pan Fried Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic. It’s bursting with flavour and ready in just minutes.