There’s something incredibly comforting about Fried Apples Recipe. Whether served as a side dish or a dessert, they bring warmth to any meal.
Fried Apples Recipe | Easy to Make Southern Fried Apples
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Combine the apple slices, granulated sugar, brown sugar,cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until theapples are tender.
- To prepare, combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water ina small bowl, creating a slurry.
- Stir the cornstarch slurry into the skillet.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce isthickened.
- Serve warm, either on their own or as a side dish.
As the apples simmer in the skillet, they soften and soak up the sweet and aromatic syrup, resulting in a dish that’s both tender and packed with flavor. The final touch of cornstarch gives the sauce a glossy finish that clings to the apple slices. So, if you’re in the mood for a dish that’s both simple and satisfying, this recipe is the one to try.