Indulge in the perfect blend of taste and convenience with our Frozen Burrito Enchiladas.
Frozen Burrito Enchiladas | Enchilada Burrito Casserole
- 4 frozen burritos
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (red or green)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional for topping)
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapenos (optional for heat)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To start, set your oven to a temperature of 375°F (190°C) in order to preheat it.
- In a large baking dish, spread a small amount of the enchilada sauce to coat the bottom.
- Place the frozen burritos side by side in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the burritos, ensuring they are well-coated.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet and sauté the onions until translucent. Set aside.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and garnish with sautéed onions, fresh cilantro, green onions, sliced jalapenos, and a dollop of sour cream if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Dishes That Can Be Paired Alongside the Frozen Burrito Enchiladas
Guacamole and Tortilla Chips
A classic starter, freshly made guacamole with ripe avocados, diced tomatoes, minced onions, cilantro, and lime juice served with crunchy tortilla chips.
Mexican Street Corn (Elote)
Grilled corn on the cob brushed with butter, smeared with a mix of mayo, chili powder, and fresh lime, then sprinkled with cotija cheese.
Pico de Gallo
A fresh tomato salsa made of diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapenos, and lime juice. It can be used as a topping or eaten as a salad.
Cilantro Lime Slaw
A tangy and fresh slaw made from shredded cabbage, lime juice, and cilantro. This can provide a crunchy and refreshing contrast to the cheesy casserole.
Fluffy rice seasoned with tomato sauce, garlic, onions, and a blend of spices. Often, it’s colored yellow-orange and has vegetables like peas and carrots mixed in.
Creamy mashed beans that are fried and seasoned.
Sopa de Fideo
A flavorful Mexican noodle soup, it’s a comforting dish with thin noodles cooked in tomato-based broth.
Steamed corn dough (masa) stuffed with various fillings like meats, cheese, or chilies and wrapped in corn husks.
A sweet and spicy salsa made of diced mangoes, red onions, jalapenos, and cilantro. This can add a fruity twist to the meal.
For beverages, you can consider pairing with Horchata (a creamy rice-based drink with cinnamon) or Agua Frescas (refreshing fruit drinks) like watermelon or lime. For a spirited option, Margaritas or Mexican beer with lime would be great complements.