Irresistible Cinnamon Sugar-Coated Baked Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Set the temperature of the oven to 350°F (175°C). Use a cooking spray that is non-stick to grease a donut pan.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and ground cinnamon in a big bowl.
- Combine the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract in a separate basin.
- After adding the liquid components, mix the dry ingredients only until they are barely blended. Avoid overmixing.
- Pour the batter into a corner-snipped resealable plastic bag or a piping bag.
- Fill each cavity in the doughnut pan evenly with the batter, about two-thirds full.
- Until a toothpick inserted into the donuts comes out clean, bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- After removing the donuts from the oven, give them some time to cool in the pan.
- For the coating, mix the ground cinnamon and granulated sugar in a small basin. Each doughnut should be covered completely with cinnamon sugar after being dipped in melted butter.
- Place the coated donuts on a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Suggestions for Baked Donuts:
Classic Donut Display: Arrange them on a large plate or a tiered dessert stand. You can place doilies or lacey paper to make the arrangement look more elegant.
Donut Breakfast Platter: You can serve baked doughnuts as part of a larger breakfast or brunch spread. Place them on a platter with a selection of fruits, granola, and yoghurt. A mini quiche or other savoury items also provide a nice balance to the sweet doughnuts.
Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches: Cut the doughnuts in half horizontally and fill them with a scoop of ice cream for a fun twist on the traditional ice cream sandwich. It’s especially enjoyable during the summer months.
Donut Bar: If you have prepared various doughnut flavours, you can display them on individual plates and let your guests select their preferred ones. You could also have a toppings bar where people can customize their doughnuts with additional glaze, sprinkles, crushed nuts, or coconut flakes.
Start your day with a delightful treat! These Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts are fluffy, flavorful, and covered in a heavenly cinnamon sugar coating.