Penne Arrabbiata: Have a hankering for some hot spaghetti tonight? You have to try this recipe. It’s simple to make and tastes fantastic!
Spicy Penne Pasta in Tomato Sauce | Penne Arrabbiata
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- To get an al dente texture, cook the penne pasta as directed on the box.
- Heat the Olive oil on medium flame. For approximately a minute, the spicy flavor may be achieved by sautéing minced garlic with red pepper flakes.
- Add the smashed tomatoes and mix well. The sauce may be slightly thickened by boiling it for 10 minutes.
- Toss the penne pasta with the sauce to cover it evenly in the pan. Pasta may be heated again by cooking it for an additional 2–3 minutes.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste, and mix in the basil.
- Serve the penne arrabbiata with freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Health Benefits of Penne Arrabbiata
Tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene and other antioxidants. Lycopene’s antioxidants reduce the risk of Cancer, cardiovascular disease, and age-related macular degeneration.
It contains vitamin C- and iron-rich garlic and basil. Garlic is good for you because it lowers your blood pressure and cholesterol and boosts your immune system. Basil is also rich in vitamin K, which results in healthy blood clotting.
Hot and energizing for the metabolism:
Penne Arrabbiata gets its hot flavor by adding dried red pepper flakes. You may eat less and yet benefit from their use.
Promotes Digestion and Bowel Regularity
Thanks to its high fiber content, whole-grain penne pasta benefits digestive health. Eating fiber-rich meals may help you maintain regular bowel motions and prevent constipation.
Penne pasta, a complex carbohydrate, is an excellent daily energy source. It’s a great fuel for the body since it steadily releases glucose, helping stabilize blood sugar levels.
Penne Arrabbiata is an excellent alternative for vegetarian or plant-based diets since it is a vegetarian dish. It has the right proportion of carbs, proteins, and beneficial fats.