This Sweet Coleslaw Recipe is both tangy and sweet, making it a refreshing side dish that is perfect for any meal.
Sweet Coleslaw Recipe | Sweet Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 (16-ounce) bag of coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2/3 cup creamy salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Take a large bowl and mix together the coleslaw mix and onion.
- Then in a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the salad dressing, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and poppy seeds until fully blended.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the coleslaw mix and toss until fully coated.
- Finally, chill the coleslaw for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serving Suggestions for a Sweet Coleslaw Recipe
A sweet coleslaw can be versatile and pairs well with a variety of dishes.
BBQ Sandwiches: A classic combo! The sweetness of the coleslaw complements the smokiness of BBQ meats like pulled pork or beef brisket.
Grilled Fish Tacos: Add a heaping spoon of sweet coleslaw on top of a soft tortilla filled with grilled fish for a fresh and tangy twist.
Fried Chicken: The crispness of the chicken with the juicy, refreshing coleslaw is a winning combination.
Hot Dogs: Top a grilled hot dog with a generous amount of coleslaw for a summer treat.
Wraps and Burritos: Use it as a filling for chicken or shrimp wraps. The sweetness of the coleslaw can balance out spicy ingredients.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Add a layer of coleslaw in between your favorite cheese and bread for a tangy crunch.
Ribs: Whether they are BBQ, smoked, or baked, ribs and coleslaw have always been a great pairing.
Vegetarian Tofu Tacos: The sweetness of the coleslaw can complement the neutral taste of tofu.
Nashville Hot Chicken: The spiciness of the chicken is beautifully balanced by the sweetness of the coleslaw.
On a Salad Bar: Offer sweet coleslaw as one of the choices on a salad bar for a crunchy, sweet addition.
Pizzas: Experiment with a BBQ chicken pizza by adding coleslaw on top after baking for a fresh twist.
Burgers: Whether it’s a beef, chicken, or veggie burger, adding sweet coleslaw can give it a fresh and tangy flavor profile.
Jerk or Spicy Grilled Meats: The spiciness of jerk seasoning pairs wonderfully with coleslaw’s cooling, sweet effect.
Vegan Wraps: Fill a wrap with roasted vegetables, hummus, and sweet coleslaw for a delightful mix of flavors and textures.