Dive into the Spanish Rice and Beans With Chicken recipe. A one-pot wonder for weeknight dinners or gatherings.
Best Spanish Rice and Beans With Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Juice of 1 lime
- First of all, take a saucepan and bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Then add rice and cover it. Reduce heat, and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
- In a large pan and heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add diced chicken and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Then in the same skillet, sauté the onions, garlic, and bell peppers until they are soft.
- Add the ground cumin, smoked paprika, and ground coriander to the skillet, stirring well.
- Stir in the cooked rice, black beans, and the cooked chicken.
- Mix until everything is well combined and heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper, then finish with lime juice and fresh cilantro.
Some Delightful Serving Suggestions for Spanish Rice and Beans with Chicken
Garnish: Top with freshly chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime for a zesty kick.
Side Salads: A fresh avocado and tomato salad drizzled with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
Breads: Serve alongside warm, crusty bread or soft tortillas to soak up the flavors.
Drinks: Pair with a chilled glass of Sangria or a sparkling lime soda.
Sauces: A dollop of sour cream or a side of spicy salsa can elevate the dish.
Veggies: Roasted vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, or eggplants complement the dish’s richness.
Desserts: Finish the meal with Spanish classics like Churros dipped in chocolate or Flan for a sweet note.
Cheese: Sprinkle with Manchego or Queso Fresco for added creaminess.
Olives: Green or Kalamata olives can add a tangy twist.
Legumes: For added texture and nutrition, add some cooked chickpeas or lentils.
Enjoy your meal with these suggestions to make it a complete and memorable Spanish feast!