Traeger Grilled Salmon isn’t just a dish; it’s a sensory adventure. The gentle infusing of every ingredient makes a comforting flavor profile.
Traeger Grilled Salmon Recipe - Cooking Salmon on Traeger
- 4 salmon fillets, skin-on
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cedar plank, soaked in water
- Take a large bowl and mix soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and black pepper to create a marinade.
- Then place salmon fillets in a shallow dish and pour marinade over them, covering them completely. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- After that preheat the Traeger grill to medium heat, around350°F (175°C).
- Place the soaked cedar plank on the grill for 3 minutes, then flip it.
- Place the marinated salmon fillets, skin side down, on the cedar plank.
- Close the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dish.
Serving Suggestions for the Traeger Grilled Salmon
Citrus Herb Salad: Pair the cedar-infused salmon with a refreshing citrus herb salad, made with mixed greens, orange segments, fresh herbs like basil and mint, and a light lemon vinaigrette.
Grilled Asparagus: Enhance the smokiness of the dish with some grilled asparagus, lightly seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Grilling them on the Traeger alongside the salmon will impart a complementary flavor.
Mashed Potatoes with Chives: Serve the salmon with smooth and creamy mashed potatoes, garnished with chives. The buttery texture of the potatoes will balance the smokiness of the salmon.
Rice Pilaf with Almonds: A delicate rice pilaf with slivers of almonds and hints of lemon zest can make a wonderful side dish, adding a nutty flavor that complements the salmon well.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes: Slow-roast cherry tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, and fresh thyme, and serve them alongside the salmon for a burst of sweetness and tanginess.
Cucumber Dill Sauce: Prepare a cool cucumber dill sauce by blending Greek yogurt, fresh dill, cucumber, and a dash of lemon juice. The freshness of the sauce will contrast nicely with the smoky Traeger Grilled Salmon.
Sautéed Spinach with Garlic: Quickly sauté spinach with minced garlic for a healthy and flavorful green accompaniment that adds colour and nutrition to the plate.
Quinoa with Fresh Herbs: Serve the salmon with cooked quinoa tossed with fresh parsley, cilantro, and a splash of lemon juice for a high-protein, fibre-rich side dish.
Grilled Lemon Wedges: Enhance the presentation and flavour by grilling lemon wedges on the Traeger. The charred lemons squeezed over the salmon will add a smoky citrus kick.